The parish church of San Michele was built in the first half of the 12th century (attested in 1255), probably on an older building, as the base base would suggest. The church was completely destroyed, excluding the apse, in 1553 by devastating pirate raids first by Barbarossa, and then by Dragut. Never rebuilt in its entirety, it was later used as a Camposanto of the Community of Capoliveri until the Napoleonic laws, which prohibited burial in churches. Only two sections of the medieval building remain, the apse and part of the north wall. The semicircular apse is marked by six pilasters with shaped bases and half-caps, surmounted by pairs of hanging and blind arches. In the center there is a double-stranded single lancet window. The quarter-sphere basin roof is no longer the original, but faithful to the original. Of the rest of the church, whose ruins were still visible in the early nineteenth century, nothing remains but the foundations. The Municipality of Capoliveri has provided restoration works.