Sanctuary of the Madonna delle Grazie
In the sixteenth century it was the seat of Augustinian monks, who still officiated it in 1773, and then of hermits. The Latin cross building is dominated by a seventeenth-century dome which is flanked by a squat bell tower of oriental type. Inside the church, with a wooden coffered ceiling and frescoed in 1903-1904 by the Elban Eugenio Allori, an eighteenth-century organ and the famous painting with the “Holy Family” attributed to Marcello Venusti, an object of particular veneration. On the occasion of a 1960 restoration, a votive crown was superimposed on the head of the Madonna, a recurring devotional element in other Elban canvases
How to reach the Sanctuary of Grace
The Sanctuary is located in the locality of the same name, which is 3 km from Capoliveri , from which we follow the signs for Morcone , Madonna delle Grazie .