The church of San Rocco is the most representative place of worship in the country, and was built by the lords of Piombino in the second half of the 16th century with the aim of offering a place of prayer to the miners who came from the continent to work on the island . Until 1840 it remained a chaplaincy under the control of the parish church of San Giacomo and Quirico, then, with the increase in population and the importance of the new coastal center, it was built into a parish.
360 ° external view of the church of Rio Marina
How to reach Church of San Rocco (Rio Marina)
The church of San Rocco is easily identifiable, it is located in the center of country of Rio Marina