The Villa di San Martino or Villa Bonaparte is located in San Martino in the Municipality of Portoferraio, one of the two residences that Napoleon Bonaparte had on Elba.
The emperor arrived on the island in May 1814 followed by his mother, his sister Paolina and a small court. Inside the Villa we find many of their objects, outside a huge and welcoming park.
Napoleon’s residence of San Martino was the most important, destined for the emperor’s private life, even if, due to his public activity and strategic position of control over Portoferraio, he mainly used the other house, the Villa dei Mulini. More suited to the nature of Napoleon Buonaparte.
Museums in Portoferraio
Civic Archaeological Museum of Linguella: loc.Linguella tel.0565 937370
Foresiana Municipal Art Gallery: ascent Napoleone tel.0565 937371
Roman Villa of the Caves: loc. The caves
Napoleonic Museums: Villa of the mills tel. 0565 915846
Villa di S. Martino tel.0565 914688
Volterraio Castle : Info Park Tel. +39 0565 908231